Top Ten Mistakes Made By Sellers
- Neglecting the day-to-day running of their business with the reasoning that it will sell tomorrow.
- Starting off with too high a price with the assumption the price can always be reduced.
- Assuming that confidentiality is a given.
- Failing to plan ahead to sell / deciding to sell impulsively.
- Expecting that the buyers will only want to see last year’s P&L.
- Negotiating with only one buyer at a time and letting any other potential buyers wait their turn.
- Having to reduce the price because the sellers want to retire and are not willing to stay with the acquirer for any length of time.
- Not accepting that the structure of the deal is as important as the price.
- Trying to win every point of contention.
- Dragging out the deal and not accepting that time is of the essence.
© Copyright 2015 Business Brokerage Press, Inc.
best franchise business best franchise opportunities business broker Business brokers in GTA business brokers toronto Business buyers business for sale business for sale canada business for sale gta business for sale toronto business opportunities for sale business opportunities in gta business owners business sell canada business seller buy a business buy a business in toronto canada Buy a franchise buy and sell business commercial business for sale commercial real estate commercial realtor contracting business for sale franchise business franchise business opportunities franchise expert local businesses for sale manufacturing business for sale new business opportunities sell business service business for sale