August 26, 2013 by Khaled Baranbo Buying a Business 0 comments
Key Factors on the Acquirer’s Side
There are several key factors on the acquirer’s side of a sale, most of which are necessary to achieve a successful closing. Just as a seller has to deal with quite a few factors, the acquirer must also. Some of the more important ones on the acquisition side are:
- Sufficient financial resources to complete the deal as specified.
- Depth of capable staff to run the existing business and also execute an acquisition at the same time.
- A rational approach to the type, size and geographic location of target companies.
- The willingness to “pay-up” for acquisitions such as 6x EBITDA and, if necessary, the willingness to pay 100% cash, whether the sale is one of assets or a stock transaction.
- Assuming the acquisition search generates satisfactory deal flow, a willingness to stay the course for 6 to 12 months in the search process.
- A confirmation by the board of directors of their commitment to complete a deal.
- A “point person” in the search process, preferably the CEO, CFO or Director of Development who is reachable on a daily basis to discuss relevant matters.
- Complete access to sales manager and others by the business intermediary to discuss suggestions of target companies.
best franchise business best franchise opportunities business broker business brokers toronto Business buyers business for sale business for sale canada business for sale gta business for sale tbusiness for sale torontvooronto business for sale toronto business owners business sell canada Business Sellers buy a business buy a business in toronto canbuy a business in toronto canadaada Buy a franchise buy and sell business commercial business for sale commercial real estate commercial realtor contracting business for sale franchise business franchise business opportunities franchise expert local businesses for sale manufacturing business for sale new business opportunities restaurant business for sale toronto sell business service business for sale