January 7, 2014 by Khaled Baranbo Seller Articles 0 comments
Considering Selling? Some Things to Consider
- Know what your business is worth. Don’t even think about selling until you know what your business should sell for. Are you prepared to lower your price if necessary?
- Prepare now. There is an often-quoted statement in the business world: “The time to prepare your business to sell is the day you buy it or start it.” Easy to say, but very seldom adhered to. Now really is the time to think about the day you will sell and to prepare for that day.
- Sell when business is good. The old quote: “The time to sell your business is when it is doing well” should also be adhered to. It very seldom is – most sellers wait until things are not going well.
- Know the tax implications. Ask your accountant about the tax impact of selling your business. Do this on an annual basis just in case. However, the tax impact is only one area to consider and a sale should not be predicated on this issue alone.
- Keep up the business. Continuing to manage the business is a full-time job. Retaining the best outside professionals is almost a must. Utilizing a professional business intermediary will allow you to spend most of your time running your business.
- Finally, in the words of many sage experts, “Keep it simple.” Don’t let what looks like a complicated deal go by the boards. Have your outside professionals ready at hand to see if it is really as complicated as it may look.
best franchise business best franchise opportunities business broker Business brokers in GTA business brokers toronto Business buyers business for sale business for sale canada business for sale gta business for sale toronto business opportunities for sale business opportunities in gta business sell canada business seller buy a business buy a business in toronto canada Buy a franchise buy and sell business commercial business for sale commercial real estate commercial realtor contracting business for sale franchise business franchise business opportunities franchise expert local businesses for sale manufacturing business for sale new business opportunities sell business service business for sale